Monday, March 26, 2012

Character: Prisoner; "Why just the other day..."

I have logged 40 some hours of Skyrim in the last 2 or 3 weeks, and let me say, my character is definately evil. I decided after I did the main quest that I wanted to join the theives guild, so from there I just spent my days looting homes, selling the goods, and killing dragons. I am making bankkkkk. I think I have a problem in the game now with stealing from everyone, even the actual Theive's Guild. I also just completed a quest where I had to harvest blood from different kinds of Elves. Creepy much? I really think that anyone who hasn't played needs to at least try this game. You get to personalize your character, save whenever you want, and you can do whatever missions you want whenever you want. You don't even have to do any missions at all. You can just run around and lead a BA virtual life. What is also a lot of fun is the nifty little glitches in the game.
My favorite being: "Why just the other day..."
In Riften, there is a bar tender that you can go talk to about his "lovely" boss. When you click to speak to him, he will tell you about how awesome it is to work for her. It then gives you a few options of what to say next to get him to admit that his boss isn't the best of employers. If you click on the option in which you bribe him, your speech will increase. Fun fact, you can keep doing this over and over again to get your speech to 100. Be warned though. It does take a bit of time (make that about an hour of just lciking A repeatedly) and you have to bribe him with money for a bit before you can just choose the persude option. Also, I would not suggest you do this if you have no practice fighting or haven't done the main quest at least because as your speech goes up, so does your level. This means enimies will be harder. Other than that, it's awesome. I did a mission a bit after this where I was trying to retrieve some books. Normally, you would have to fight the woman to get them, but because my speech was so high, I just asked her for them and she said ok. I had to kill her anyway to get the key to get out, but I felt like a boss. There are some other cheats in this game and others, but this one is by far my favorite.

Oh and if you are wondering about the Prisoner thing, when you start out making your character, the deafult is Prisoner in the name section, which you then change...unless you are stupid like me. I accidentally hit the wrong button and so her name is forever Prisoner. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah that is why you are named prisoner. I personally that if you were a better thief they wouldn't call you Prisoner because you would not be getting caught all of the time. Haha
    But, well done I would also suggest Skyrim to people who want to play a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, Skyrim seems like it it would be really fun. I think it would be nice playing the bad guy sometimes. I guess you realize that you would never do that in real life (I hope) so you can do it in game without any repurcussion as we discussed in class. I think it would be fun not having any quests or being able to pick and choose. I am really annoyed with my game, Final Fantasy X, and having to go scene by scene and die time after time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I am convinced! When I go home next, I am going to convince my brother to let me play his Skyrim for a bit, just to test it out.

    ReplyDelete